I can't be sure, but due to my craptacular Korean language skills and my habit of nodding along whenever people insist on speaking Korean to me, I either just agreed to go to church with one of my coworkers, or marry him at the church down the street.

He closed his proposal with this: "When I first see you, I think you have very nice face, very, very good body, and very innocent girl." Well, I guess two out of three ain't bad! :-)

Luckily I got out of it by saying, "Can I bring my boyfriend?!? He's a big fan of lightning, which will surely strike the moment I set foot in a church!" I don't think he got the whole phrase, but he definitely backed off at the word "boyfriend."

Whenever I try to pick up bits of a new language, I usually learn words like "Hello, how are you?" and "Thank-you," "Yes," "No," and "One more beer, please." You know, useful, simple stuff. How is it that most Korean men can't even ask me my name, but they all know how to ask if I'm a prostitute and try to pick me up?!?

GRRR!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Don't forget, "Where's the pizza?"

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL.. big fan of lightening comment is the funniest. thanks, needed the laugh today :)

Bob said...

You know to ask for only ONE beer? What?!! And no mention of a shot of Jack or something Mexican? Gee.

I guess I'd cut out a bunch of pictures and when there was a language problem I'd whip the right picture out and go, See, like this!

If I were a woman who was always being hit on thinking I was a hooker I'd learn:

No, no, HIV, HIV!

Or,

You like tranny babes, big boy?

Max is getting a very nice, large apt and moving in next week. I'm thinking Bob will be visiting Seoul sometime soon. Guess I'd better start cutting out pictures.

Or,

Bruce Lee my boy friend. Get it? Bruce Lee boy friend. Get it? He very jealous.

I'd have fun with it.

achilles3 said...

I wanna divorce from this blog