"Whatever America hopes to bring to pass in the world must first come to pass in the heart of America" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Found that quote while snooping through Ant's passport and it inspired me to spend a few minutes thinking about the current state of this great country and its' citizens. Seriously, you guys don't even know what a huge patriotic sap I am! I've found the housing, banking, corporate, etc. situation to be absolutely disgusting. It literally makes me feel sick hearing/reading about it. Recently it seems we've been showing the world that our hearts are full of fear, greed, violence, apathy, and denial. Everything the 'ugly American' stereotype is made of.

I think it's gonna take a collective effort to get us out of this mess. I could go on and on and bore you all to tears by yakking about the bailout, the unemployment, the economy, the housing situation, the wars, etc., etc., but instead I'll just say this: It's time for us all to work together to show the world what's really in our hearts, and we also need to reexamine our priorities and stop being selfish, over-consuming pricks. Men and women who just can't be bothered to vote but still want all the benefits of being an American citizen are, in my opinion, just as guilty as the greedy pigs we've allowed to run our government and corporations. These are times of change, and the changes are necessary.


That being said, I'm freakin' outta here! I'm moving back to Seoul, bitches!! Flight leaves in 5 hours! My next post will be coming at you live from The Land Of The Morning Calm*!!!!!!





*I think they call it that because after noon, everything just totally goes to shit.

9 comments:

achilles3 said...

woot woot!
best post ever.

Anonymous said...

Land Of The Not Quit Right. The only place where some of use feel normal.
Be safe.



Ate

joyRuN said...

All this spontaneity is making me beyond green with envy!

Jack the Pumpkin King have an aisle or window seat?

Safe travels...

Outdoorgirl said...

Here Here.... :)

Have a safe trip! Are you going to be teaching at the same place?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Safe trip, sister! Show 'em not all of us Americans are ugly!

How long you there for?

sumatra22 said...

I hope that you ate many sausages before your flight! ; }

Gagger said...

Say what?? You can't leave yet, you're supposed to come visit Austin first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gagger said...

You're joking, right?

Bob said...

This post is almost too good to be true . . . is it?