I ran my first marathon with Team in Training, which was before I lost all faith in them due to their coaches encouraging their runners to short cut the course and still accept the finisher's medal. The whole experience kind of soured me on the whole raise a gazillion dollars to run a marathon for charity thing, but they are successful in raising awareness, they do generate money for much needed research, and hey, if they inspire people to get off their butts and do something active instead of sitting in front of the TV eating crap then really, at the end of the day they've done more good than harm, and that's definitely worth something. So, in what might be the only nice thing I ever agree to do for a Canadian, I'm gonna register for this. And I think you guys should all join me. Minimum donation to register is 10 measly bucks, and I've certainly wasted more than that on less worthy things.


Who's in on the Seoul side? Cam? Achilles? Eve? Hello? Anyone? Is this thing on?!?
Anyone who's interested can head over here to register, and/or to learn a little more about Reese and the cause.

6 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I intend to look into this virtual race thing, sister.

In other news, thanks for the offer re: Ian's Korean heritage! I will run it by Teh 'Bride and let you know if we think of anything. FYI, Ian has never been back to Korea. He hasn't yet expressed interest, but if he does, we intend to take him.

Thanks again for the offer. You're a real sweetie!

brownie said...

I can't stand those "run to raise money for your cause" scams. I will be taking a rest day on April 24th.

If you would like to support me in my protest, sent me ten bucks!

sumatra22 said...

Sooo, I'll gladly donate $10 to any worthy cause, as Rheumatoid Arthritis is a horrible thing! But since I'm nearly 7-months pregnant, and deserve my own zip code, can I start counting my steps now? It's gonna take me a looong time to walk 7-miles in my current condition. LOL, OK, I'm kidding, I'll do it. It will make my dog (not my back) quite happy to go for an excursion longer than 2 miles, too!

Oh, and if I find out that this little kid's taking Meth for her illness, ( http://thebloggess.com/?p=1381 ) I'm canceling my donation!

sumatra22 said...

oops, I meant 4 miles...

achilles3 said...

good luck!
yer nice!
i'm not!
;-)

Unknown said...

I'm all about tax write-offs these days. You can count me in.