On our way home from Jeongju we stopped at a local Folk Village, because we're not just hashers, we're cultured hashers. The houses are maintained to be replicas of the traditional Korean way of life. Korea has quite a few Folk Villages, so this wasn't the first one I've been to. I actually enjoy being a tourist and sightseeing, but when it comes to these if you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.

We took a quick tour of the place (it's not big at all) and then headed off for some bibimbap. Jeongju is apparently famous for their bibimbap but to me it tasted the same as the stuff we get from the ajumma down the street from our apartment.








4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great pics! I think you've already explained it once, but what is bibimbap again?

Mel-2nd Chances said...

teacher!?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

One thing I hate Hate HATE is when you go to Korea for some genuine bibimbap and instead they serve you bibimbap-a-roni, the San Francisco treat!

So much for preserving your native culture, Korea!

You get tired of those villages? It seemed pretty cool to me. But then again I get my bibimbap in boil-in-a-bag form.

Jes said...

They are pretty cool, but other than walk through them you can't do much there. There's no exhibit or anything. People actually live in the houses, so you can't really see the inside or anything. I've been to so many that they all seem sort of the same.