Occasionally, when my lesson ends before class is over and I don't feel like coming up with some bullshit time waster, I pick a kid to be the teacher, and they get to teach me and the rest of the students anything they want. It can be quite enlightening, to say the least. The top video is Daniel, and he's such an awesome kid. He stops by to visit me everyday after school, but won't let me tell the other kids because visiting the teacher isn't cool. He's the one who wrote the "Litter beet fun" note awhile back.

The bottom video is Mickey, and he's super smart and also very creative. He's the only one in the class who tries to use different voices for the different characters in the book. He named himself after Mickey Mouse, and he wears Mickey Mouse slippers everyday (no shoes allowed in my school). He totally rocks.

9 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

too funny, goes to show that kids are kids anywhere in the world. Ok, so I haven't had the privilege of traveling much, and am very naive about different cultures/traditions, etc so I have a dumb question... why no shoes allowed?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

ZOMG, sister, that is so funny! Those kids are only like a year older than Ian (he's third grade) and I know Teh 'Bride would love these vids, so I'm sending her the link to this post and she'll be all "O, look at the little cute Ians!"

By the way, YOU don't get to complain about a lack of comments when YOU'RE drinking beer and I'M just starting my Thursday work day! You can lament your dearth of comments at other times, but NOT then.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

By the way, I think more people should be reading your blog. They don't know what they're missing, sister!

Bob said...

Too funny. That you're a great teacher is in the proof of things like this.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!
now i know where ian gets his whackiness from :)
teh bride

Carolina John said...

those are wild! it's good to be around creative people like that.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i agree with Glaven's second comment :)

achilles3 said...

I like the kid losing it in the corner

Sarah said...

I have to admit reading the posts like this totally encourages me more and more to go back to school and get my teaching creds. Thanks!! SO FUNNY