Yesterday, while I went to the gym for some running on the dreadmill and a bit of weight lifting, Ant put on his little apron (you should really pause right now and picture him in an apron...) and made a huge dish of pasta salad for us to take to a potluck at our friend Teddy's house. We decided it would be cool to ride our bikes there, and it really was a cool ride. Of course, 8 hours of tequila, vodka, and beer later the realization that we also had to ride them home hit us like a ton of bricks - much to Joel and Cam's amusement. We went back and forth between just sucking it up and riding home (his argument) and continuing to drink (my clearly logical side of the argument), until we struck a compromise - we'd ride home, and stop at all the makkolli huts we passed on the way.

In case you're ever in that position where you've had a few drinks, but you can't tell exactly how drunk you are, let me tell you that the second you sit your ass on a bike you'll know. As long as I could go in a (relatively) straight line I was OK, but trying to manuever around any object, no matter how large or small? Forget about it.

Anyway, for some reason I didn't take pictures yesterday at Teddy's, but here's a bunch I never posted from the other week when we all got together to celebrate Teddy's birthday.

3 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Way to caption your photos, sister! May I suggest this for the last one? -

"Three friends of Jes just before they were tragically mowed done by the fast-approaching train behind them. (The photographer managed to jump out of the way at the last second. So, on the upside, we have this picture of them.)"

Jes said...

Ha! I'm sure they all felt like they got hit by a train the next morning!

Shells Bells said...

I'm really diggin your hair!! So beautiful xo