Warning: boring running post ahead.

Not as boring as Brownie's, of course, but still pretty dull.

Did about 4.5 miles today, at a sloooow pace. I'm always at a slow pace, because even my fast pace is slow. I felt pretty good except for the nasty blisters I have on both my feet. Those stupid boots I wore the other day were not made for walking!

That's all I got. I don't have a fancy schmancy Garmin (but I want one soooooo bad) so I can't give you all the juicy details like heart rate, pace, mile splits, etc. I know, I know - how will you possibly sleep tonight?

Later I'm going to my first yoga class ever. While I can totally see the benefits of being able to put my legs behind my head, I'm just not sure if I can really get into a yoga class.

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Not having a Garmin can be a blessing. Once you have one you'll never be able to NOT wear it running. Love/hate I tell ya. Love/hate.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Oooooooooo, DAYYYYYY-UMMM!! SUH-NAPPPP! Brownie, you have been SERVED!!

Plus, Jes pimp-slaps you but doesn't even link to your blog as part of the p-slap! Double-served!!

Hey, guess what? If you ran 38 miles in a week, I don't think the lack of a garmin is hurting you much. At 38 miles per week, you probably need, IMHO, a 'lude or two more than a Garmin.

Or just some beer to bring the energy level down just a tad. It's a fine thing for depressing the native exuberance, beer is.

If you still want a Garmin after that, first, strap Einstein to your wrist and use his odometer to measure your progress. If that extra weight feels okay, go for the Garmin. It'll weigh roughly the same.

SUH-NAPPP! Einstein, you have been SERVED!

Plus, what the fuck, why not? Garmin, you're served too.

Trifecta, in one blog comment.

Who Da Man?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

So now Marcy's beating me HERE too. She's everywhere. She's like God in the running blogosphere - if God had more junk in His trunk.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wings/burgers AND good beer?

Here's what YOU need:

http://tinyurl.com/bcfj5q

(I en-small-inated that url for you, sister, at tinyurl.com, but in case it doesn't work, here it is in its original Big Ass form:

http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Food/Drink/Beer/Brewers/Brewpubs/United_States/

Can you tell yet that I'm a reference librarian?)

Jes said...

Strap Einstein to my wrist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good one.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about yoga at first, but I really like it. I don't go as often as I should, but it's fabulous for stress relief. My leg muscles are super tight as well, so it definitely helps with that. Good luck!

Denise said...

I'm addicted to my garmin...sometimes I wish I didn't have one. Wait, maybe I shouldn't say that. Now something is going to happen to it!